Shower Head With Handheld Attachment And How To Install One – Shower And Bathroom Accessories
A shower head with a handheld attachment is a great addition to any bathroom, as it allows for greater flexibility and convenience when showering. Here’s a general guide on how to install a shower head with a handheld attachment:
1. Turn off the water supply to the shower. This can usually be done by turning the valve located near the shower head.
2. Remove the old shower head. Depending on the type of shower head, this may involve unscrewing it by hand or using pliers or a wrench to loosen it.
3. Clean the threads of the shower arm. Use a cloth or brush to remove any dirt or debris that may have accumulated on the threads.
4. Apply plumber’s tape to the threads of the shower arm. This will help create a tight seal between the new shower head and the shower arm.
5. Install the mounting bracket for the handheld attachment. This will usually involve screwing the bracket onto the shower arm, using the provided screws and a screwdriver.
6. Attach the handheld shower head to the mounting bracket. This will usually involve sliding the shower head onto the bracket and securing it in place with a clip or other mechanism.
7. Connect the handheld shower head to the water supply. This will usually involve attaching a flexible hose to the shower head and the water supply, using the provided fittings and a wrench.
8. Turn the water supply back on and test the new shower head. Make sure there are no leaks and that both the shower head and handheld attachment are working properly.
Overall, installing a shower head with a handheld attachment is a relatively simple DIY project that can be completed in just a few steps with the right tools and materials. If you’re unsure about how to install your new shower head or encounter any issues during the process, it’s always a good idea to consult a professional plumber for assistance.